Vascular surgery is a surgical subspecialty in which diseases of the vascular system, the arteries and veins, are managed by medical therapy, minimally-invasive catheter procedures, and surgical reconstruction.
Proceedures covered in the clinic include:
- Repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic aneurysms, and thoracoabdominal aneurysms, including fenestrated and branched stent grafts
- Open surgical reconstructions and balloon angioplasty and stenting in all vascular areas
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral artery disease and gangrene of the limbs
- Endovascular and open surgical treatment for peripheral artery aneurysms
- Endovascular surgical intervention, such as angioplasty and stenting, in all vascular areas
- Endovenous laser therapy treatment, radiofrequency ablation or subfascial endoscopic perforator surgery for varicose veins and venous ulcers
- Endovascular and open surgical reconstruction for deep vein occlusions
- Hemodialysis access
- Treatment of vascular malformations, median arcuate ligament and nutcracker syndromes, lymphoedema.