Physical therapy attempts to address the illnesses, or injuries that limit a person's abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
To ensure the best care possible our Physiotherapy Unit uses a patient individual's history and physical examination to arrive at a diagnosis and establish a management plan and, when necessary, incorporate the results of laboratory and imaging studies like X-rays, CT-scan, or MRI findings.
Our professionals offer physical therapy treatments at our hospital or at our patient’s home.
Some of the techniques & methods used by our team:
- Manual therapies.
- Myofascial therapy
- Massage therapy.
- Physiotherapy: The therapy of mobilising the body. Passive, active - assisted and active against resistance.
- Muscle strengthening technique.
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Re-education technique.
- Joint articulation technique.
- Neurological physiotherapy techniques: Bobath, Motor relearning Programme, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation techniques PNF, etc.
- Children physiotherapy techniques: Early learning programmes stimulation, Le Metayer’s Method
- Respiratory Physiotherapy: diaphragmatic breathing exercises, chest expansion, etc.
- Manual lymphatic drainage.
- Re-education of posture and gait
- Re-education of balance technique.
- Electrotherapy: treatment based on the effects of electricity (electrostimulation, analgesic currents, TENS ...).
- Ultrasound therapy.
- Kinesiotaping (dressings).
- Thermotherapy (infrared treatment).
- Cryotherapy: Application of cold treatment.
Services offered by the Physiotherapy Unit at Helicopteros Sanitarios:
Physiotherapy after Trauma:
- Post-surgery trauma (shoulder surgery, knee, ankle, arthroscopy, ligamentoplasty , hip and knee replacement).
- Rehabilitation of sprains, dislocations, fractures. Spinal Column conditions (back and neck pain, contractures, lumbago, sciatica, herniated discs, whiplash, torticollis, scoliosis ...). Joint pain (shoulder, knee, hip, hand ...). Inflammatory processes (tendinitis, capsulitis, plantar fasciitis ...). Pain syndromes (sciatic pain, Pyramidal Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ...). Sports injuries (muscle overload, fibrillar breaks, joint contractures ...).
- Postural health and therapeutic back exercises.
Physiotherapy for Rheumatological complaints:
- Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Physiotherapy for Neurological complaints:
- Brain stroke (hemiplegia).
- Cerebellar syndromes.
- Infantile brain paralysis.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Inner Ear Syndromes (balance).
- Gait irregularity.
- Congenital torticollis. (Wryneck)
- Brachial palsy.
- Clubfoot and Equinus contractures.
- Postsurgical rehabilitation.
- Psychomotor stimulation in Psychomotor developmental delays.
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Cystic fibrosis.
Physiotherapy for Circulation problems: