Our team of Orthopaedic Surgeons are well known for their innovative abilities to solve simple and difficult orthopaedic problems with surgical and technical excellence. Our Orthopedic & Traumatology Team specialize in diagnosing and treating bone, joints, ligaments, tendos, muscles and nerve disorders.
To improve care for people with musculoskeletal problems our Unit is equipped with the latest techniques and technology to provide our patients with a complete and personalized individual treatment.
Services offered by the Orthopedic Surgery & Traumatology Unit at Helicopteros Sanitarios:
Spinal Surgery (Rachis)
- Cortico-steroidal injections into the spinal column
- Trauma and orthopaedic techniques of cervical, dorsal and lumbosacral spine (arthrodesis, decompression ...).
- Percutaneous techniques: vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty.
- Vertebral disc prosthesis.
- Evaluation and treatment of angular deformities.
- Endoscopic surgery of an herniated disc
Surgery of the Hand and Upper Limbs
- Wrist surgery: osteosynthesis of fractures, ligamentoplasty and bone stabilisation mechanisms., arthrodesis, pseudo-arthrosis of the scaphoid ...
- Wrist microsurgery: nerve injuries, Dupuytren's contracture surgery, tendon lesions, trigger finger, carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Shoulder surgery: fractures, prosthesis, rotator cuff injuries
- Elbow surgery: surgery for Epicondylitis, (Golfers Elbow) Bursitis, instabilities ...
Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Shoulder: Arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery, instability, SLAP (Superior Labrum from Anterior to Posterior) breaks, sub-acromial decompression, biceps weakness, acromio-clavicular lesions.
- Elbow: free bodies, cartilage lesions, epicondylitis, reductions.
- Wrist: fibrocartilage lesions, instabilities, synovitis.
- Hip: lesions of the labrum, free bodies, Femoral acetabular Impingements
- Knee: Meniscal lesions, surgery of the cruciate ligaments with autologous grafts or replacement, synovitis, repair of Chondrial lesions with chondrocyte culture, platelet growth factors, surgery for patellar instability.
- Ankle: arthrodesis, cartilaginous lesions, synovitis.
- Arthroscopy of small joints.
- Diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries: tendinitis, sprains, stress fractures
Arthrosis and Rheumatic Surgery
- Treatment with regenerative medicine of osteoarthritis (viscosuplementation, growth factors, etc.)
- Joint replacement techniques; Primary joint prostheses and rescue surgery.
- Ozone therapy
- Percutaneous foot surgery: Hallux valgus, ...
- Correction of Hammer toes, Morton's neuroma treatment,
- Tarsal tunnel decompression.
- Arthrodesis in the foot
- Disfunction of posterior tibial tendon , Achilles, etc.
- Treatment of malformations of the feet club foot, flat feet , high instep etc, Bone over-growth.
- Salter–Harris fracture, Congenital dislocation of the hip, Perthe’s disease, septic arthritis
- Tendon correction, percutaneous tendon correction.
- Platelet rich plasma
- Stem Cell Treatments