The specialty of Nephrology, is the branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and diseases of the kidneys including arterial hypertension and vascular risk.
Our Nephrology Unit works towards the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of pathologies aiming to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary medical and surgical care to improve people's lives.
Services offered by the Nephrology Unit at Helicopteros Sanitarios:
- Acute and chronic renal failure.
- Essential hypertension, resistant and screening for secondary hypertension.
- Hypertensive and diabetic nephropathy.
- Urinary and sediment abnormalities such as proteinuria and haematuria.
- Reno ureteral stones or calculus
- Disorders in regulation of the internal chemistry ie: alterations of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium and pH.
- States of oedema and volume overload
- Anaemia Associated with Chronic Renal Insufficiency