Hemodynamics and Interventional Cardiology Unit
Our Hemodynamics and Interventional Cardiology Unit, offers the best medical team, which is constantly being updated, as well as the latest in medical equipment and technology. Cardiovascular diagnostics and therapeutic studies are carried out by means of percutaneous techniques, that is, with catheters which is the least invasive way possible (puncture of arteries and veins).
Through diagnostic studies we analyze the coronary anatomy, the state of the heart valves, the function of the heart and the presence of malformations (intracardiac shunts).
This allows an exact diagnosis of the functioning and the state of the heart, which leads to the most precise decision-making, in each individual case, by our Heart Team.
In therapeutic studies, our Hospital offers all available treatments with the maximum guarantee of results.
Treatment of Ischemic Heart Disease
- Diagnostic Coronary Angiography.
- Therapeutic coronary intervention with drug elution stents.
- Complex coronary interventionism: rotational atherectomy, treatment of chronic occlusions (CTO) and treatment of bifurcation coronary lesions.
- Special intracoronary diagnostic techiniques: intracoronary ultrasound (IVUS), optical coherence tomography (OCT) and study of the coronary reserve using pressure guidance.
Treatment of Structural Heart Disease
- Treatment of aortic valve stenosis by TAVR.
- Treatment of mitral regurgitation using MitraClip.
- Closure of periprosthetic leaks.
- Closure of the left appendage in cases of atrial fibrillation and bleeding or intolerance to anticoagulants.
- Treatment of congenital heart defects in adults (ductus, atrial and interventricular communications).
Comprehensive Treatment of Aortic Pathology
- Treatment of thoracic aortic aneurysm using TEVAR endoprosthesis.
- Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm using EVAR endoprosthesis.
- Treatment of coarctation of the aorta.