Gynecological surgery refers to surgery on the female reproductive system. The surgery is usually performed by gynecologists. It includes procedures for benign conditions, cancer, infertility, and incontinence. Surgery may occasionally be performed for elective or cosmetic purposes.
The following are common procedures that our physicians may perform:
- Adhesiolysis - Cutting of adhesions (scar tissue).
- Cervical (Cone) Biopsy
- Colporrhaphy - Surgical repair of the vaginal wall. (hernias).
- Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
- Endometrial Ablation
- Endometrial or Uterine Biopsy
- Trachelectomy - Surgical removal of the cervix (but not the rest of the uterus). A radical trachelectomy is the removal of the cervix and surrounding tissue, along with some pelvic lymph nodes.